Requirements for the
Thomas W. Holcomb, Sr. Scholarship
2019 Scholarship Information TBA
Applicant must be a West Orange High School Student* of African-American, Caribbean-American, and/or African descent in his or her senior year. Download Scholarship Requirements
Scholarship applicants must be seeking or pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Applicants are required to submit a complete application which must include ALL of the following:
Two (2) typed letters of recommendation from non-family members addressed to the WOAHO Scholarship Committee:
• One letter from WOHS (guidance counselor, teacher, coach, club advisor or other staff member); AND
• One letter from a community service leader (organization representative or religious leader) verifying your hours of community service.
A copy of the most recent transcript and most current report card.
One double spaced, typed essay of 300-500 words:
(Pick one topic)
• Please describe one event or person that has inspired you to achieve your goals and transform your life;
• If there was one thing that you could do to improve your community what would it be and why; OR
• State and explain your major career goals and objectives.
Submitt all information to:
c/o Scholarship Committee
P. O. Box 495
West Orange, NJ 07052
No exceptions will be made.